Video Game Lies
We all knew one. That kid who always told lies about video games. Maybe he knew a cheat code to make Lara Croft naked, or said that something special happened in Sonic if you collected 1000 rings, or that there really was a Carcer City in GTAIII that you had to be awesome to get to. Maybe you were that kid.
Do video game lies arise out of a desire to trick people, or because the liar wants to look cool? We may never know, but we can record all of these lies for posterity. Years from now, historians will be able to observe this unique bit of video game culture.
NOTE: This is not a wiki for funny lies about video games that you just made up, or satirical articles about fake video games. Try Uncyclopedia for that sort of thing.
Video Game Lies was created by Gregory Weir. For more stuff by him, visit Ludus Novus.
Contents (view all pages)
What's new on Video Game Lies
- News text
- News text
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Adding content
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...
- Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback or just to say hi.
In 1982, 8-year-old Jeffrey R. Yee of San Fransisco set the worldwide record for the high score on Pac Man: 6,131,940 points. In reality, the highest score achievable is 3,333,360 points, due to a game-ending byte-overflow bug in the screen rendering code when level 256 is reached, causing a "split-screen" effect, and rendering the game un-advanceable at this point. Even President Ronald Reagan was fooled by this lie, having sent Jeffrey a letter of congratulations.
Featured liarUser:Evil_Tim has made many good contributions to the Doom series, Mortal Kombat series, and Talk:Goldeneye 007 pages. We encourage all users to follow in his footstep. Thank you!
Ace Attorney • AdventureQuest • Age of Conan • Aika Online • AliceSoft • Chrono Trigger • Dead or Alive • Destiny • Diner Dash • DragonFable • Eat Sheep • Fable • Fantasy Life • FatalFury • Halo • Iris Online • Jak and Daxter • Just Cause • Killzone • Lego Pirates the Video Game • Lord of Ultima • Mario • MechQuest • Metal Gear • M.U.G.E.N • Ninja Gaiden • Nintendo • Nitrome • No More Heroes • Ōkami • Pokémon • Professor Layton • Ragnarök Online • Rare • Rhythm Heaven • Saints Row • Spore • StarCraft • Touhou Project • Virtua Fighter • Voyage Century Online • WarpForce • Wolfenstein • World of Warcraft • Yōkai Watch