Lies about the Guitar Hero series as a wholeEdit
- Guitar Hero: Avenged Sevenfold was going to be released in mid-2009.
Lies about Guitar Hero 2 Edit
- If the bonus song "Trogdor" is completed 100% on Expert the fictional singer Strong Bad can be bought as a guitarist.
- The Woodstock venue can be unlocked through beating the entire game on Expert without missing a note. While playing at the Woodstock the player can see hippies in the audience overdosing on drugs.
Lies about Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock Edit
- Bret Michaels is unlockable as a guitarist.
- Bret Michaels is only available for his own song and can only be a permanent vocalist through a cheat device, not a guitarist.
- There are secret Guitar Battles against Kurt Cobain, Jerry Cantrell, Hillel Slovak, and Dimebag Darrel.
Lies about Guitar Hero: World TourEdit
- A keyboard controller would be added along with the rest of the band instruments.
- Many other venues are available such as the Lollapalooza and the Woodstock festival.
- Secret unlockable songs include "Fear the Voices" by Alice in Chains, "Cemetary Gates" by Pantera, "Date Rape" by Sublime", "96 Quite Bitter Beings" by CKY, and "Blackball" by The Offspring.
Lies about Guitar Hero: Metallica Edit
- Former members Cliff Burton and Jason Newsted can be unlocked via cheat code.
- Metallica said they didn't add them because they felt they would be excluding their current bassist Robert Trujillo.